Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Note to self...

"Remember to at least read comments if I am not in blogging mood...that doesn't mean everyone else took a break too!"

So to all those still salivating for a yummy cake as last posted. It's totally simple:

Bake a chocolate cake (this one was Devils food. That's what my mom always used. Next time I am trying the Triple chocolate fudge.)

I used dental floss to slide right through the middle of each circle layer, making 4 layers.

For the frosting, use 3/4 of the box of chocolate frosting mix and whip it into a pint of whipping cream....you know how to make whipping cream, right? (stiff peaks)

Start frosting each layer and then cover entire cake. Then comes the part where I messed up...the remaining frosting mix gets "a little water at a time" as my Mom says. She said to add a teaspoon at a time. Ryan says I can't ever do anything without "cranking" it first. He was right. I got frustrated and just went for it and added too much water making it too runny. Then we tried this again with my Mom and I made her stop the water too early and it was too thick! Oh well. It will taste good...promise! Just be patient and remember you can always add more water, but you can't take it out. It is supposed to drip down the sides...stopping somewhere before the puddles. Then for an added treat, I just used the potato peeler to shave the long edge of a Hershey bar.

3 comments:

KJenx said...

thanks! can't wait to try it.

laurak said...

It sounds so good, but I need to resist. (I type with my jaw clinched!)

Lauren said...

that sounds like it will be one tasty treat, I am going to try it soon. Thanks for sharing!