Friday, May 29, 2009

Childrens' view of relationships...uh-oh!

Yesterday I got the whole house clean just in time for the doorbell to ring. It was my cute little neighbor girls. I invited them to jump on the tramp with the kids and they were all having a ton of fun. They got to eat little mini pizzas made on English muffins. The chocolate chip cookies were just about done as the fun began.

So I slip outside to check on the kids...I walk up behind them to hear my Kaeleigh and the rest of the kids talking out their play situation. Carson was supposed to pretend he was married to one of the girls and then the "ewwe's" came. So they compromised...

J-"It's ok...they can be separated!"

A-"No, they'll be divorced."

Kaeleigh-"Yeah-She never loved him...she just loved his money!"

Maybe we have a little work to do. Let's just say I was a little surprised to hear this out of Kaeleigh's mouth. I hope she only got these ideas from the good 'ole media. I promise I am not just married to Ryan for his money...he'd need a whole lot more for that to be the case!

5 comments:

Vehars said...

LOL!! None of us married these Vehar boys for their money, just their good looks!!!! :) That is pretty funny though!

berjfaylor said...

HA! That is absolutely hilarious. 'Out of the mouths of babes comes the truth?' I am with you, media stinks and we are the only ones that can stop that non-sense. Rebecca said something so funny... we were in Target and she was walking by the HSM 3 toys and said, 'Mom I don't like High school musical. They are all kiss-y and gross, it is just disgusting.' I think to myself, Thank God that she is at the right age in maturity given all the media crum out there. Love you, I was so glad we were able to hang out.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Kaeliegh! She is too grown up for her own good! Miss you!

laurak said...

That is sad that our kids play house by pretending they are divorced, separated, or married just for the money. It reflects more on society in general than you. Don't worry. You are a great mom and a great example. They will see that marriage can work through your family!

Tiffany said...

Yes, we are still planning on staying if that is okay. I will give you a call later this week and we can't wait to see you guys too. It has been way too long.