Monday, May 18, 2009

Last week of school!

This may be one of the craziest weeks of my life. Why do we insist on filling up every minute? I love every single thing I have this week whether it be helping out with school, helping friends, being involved with my kids. Did I mention that the bug guy even gets to come back? Gotta love that! We get to go to California this weekend and I must say that the only sad (for me) thing is that my not-so-little Kindergartner is "graduating". The funny thing is that Deegan is having a "graduation" from preschool as well! I am trying to figure out how they figure he is graduating when he is supposed to come back next year...and he has 2 full more school years until he can start Kindergarten himself! Aren't we a funny people? At least he will enjoy treats and a party and it doesn't matter what or what "not" for.

I am feeling like my Mom a little as I mentally mark off each day until Kaeleigh's last day of 4th grade or Carson is no longer a kindergartner. It's a very pathetic way of torturing myself. Somehow, Kaeleigh really will be the top dog at school next year...a 5th grader! Uhhg! Ryan has been working on her pinewood derby car and he is stressing on getting it right! Why? Because "next year will be her last year in activity days doing the derby race." What? As much fun as Ryan has making fun of me, he does it a little too. Maybe I am rubbing off on him. However, I am depressed this week that somehow my little ones are turning into "big" ones.

...and my baby is turning 2 in 3 weeks! I am going to go cry myself to sleep now!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I know exactly how you feel. It is so fun to see them grow and progress, but it definitely tugs at the heart strings the entire time. They get old so quick, why can't they slow down just a little.

Heywood Clan said...

At least Kaeleigh isn't going into Middle School. Just wait until next year. It's so not fun! I did okay until I got to the part that Ashlyn is going to be 2. That hit me hard for some reason. Why do they have to grow up so fast? I feel your pain about Carson too. I'm having a hard time with that one. Don't worry, I'll be an emotional wreck with you in 2 weeks.

Anonymous said...

You just need to have another lil one! MUAHHHMUAHHH! (That's an evil laugh!)

laurak said...

Just think about how many more things you'll be able to do as they get bigger. However, I know what you mean. It makes me sad when each mile marker passes.