Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Deegan update

I got a call from Deegan's pediatrician yesterday confirming he indeed has VonWillabrand's. This is just a bleeding disorder that is a cousin to hemophilia. That, of course, sounds very scary, but really it is not that bad. In simple English, it means that he is a bleeder and a bruiser. Since he will be having surgery, they will most likely just want to give him a drug called Desmopresin(DDAVP). At least that is what they give me when I have babies to just make sure that I will clot faster and it reduces the risk of hemorrhaging. All will go well, I am sure. Please just pray that I will be able to stomach all this. I am hoping he won't have some gross incision that I have to clean and get all grossed out as it heals. Ask my mom, I can barely handle circumcisions and umbilical cords!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Shannon! Its Natalie!! I found your blog via Amy's and I am so glad! Your family is ADORABLE. How picture perfect. It sounds like your kidlets keep you super busy and bring so much joy to your life. I am so glad. Sorry to hear your little guy has to have surgery. That is not fun for anyone. how are things otherwise? Are you guys coming to California for Christmas? We really should get together. I would love to meet your two little ones, and have you meet my honey and little guy. Let me know and maybe it will work!! Natt

Sarah said...

Hey girlie, so Aubrey had the same surgery las year and it'll be fine. No insicions to worry about just little um like papercuts really with a little strip over them. The surgery is pretty easy for them to recover from too. Aubrey wanted to go outside and play about 4 hours afterwards. That's the hardest part of the whole thing is keeping them down to rest for a few days. You'll be in our prayers.

laurak said...

Hey I just linked up through K. Jenkin's site. I'm sorry to hear about Deegan's need for surgery and the diagnosis. At least you will be able to teach him everything you know.
So, I love your blog. You are such a sweetheart and have such wonderful things to say about your family. Very cute!