Friday, September 26, 2008

I've Been Tagged

Lengthy, but I thought a good history opportunity. I never journal anything down about MY life, so maybe for once I will see if there is anything noteworthy of my boring life.

There needs to be 5 answers for each question. So here it goes:



What was I doing 10 years ago?

1. Newly wed...9 months into this gig!

2. 5 months Pregnant with Kaeleigh.

3. Getting settled into our first apartment

4. Watching our first home get built

5. Working at a conference call center



What are 5 things on my To-Do list today?

1. Watch Kaeleigh sing in her first Chorus performance at the school assembly

2. Babysit the co-op kids

3. Watch Carson's swim lesson

4. Clean the house

5. Enjoy my family...yeah for weekends!



What are my 5 favorite snacks?

1. Chocolate...any and all (the meltier, the better)

2. Cookies

3. yogurt nutri-grain bars

4. Dark chocolate chex mix

5. yogurt



What 5 things would I do if I was a millionaire? (I will make a Ryan's list, and then I will make my list...opposites attract!)

Ryan's list:

1. Pay off our house.

2. Put money away for retirement

3. Put money into children's IRA's and college funds...probaby their "marriage and mission match" accounts too.

4. Help pay for a couple missions

5. Take his cute little wife somewhere special



My list:

1. Buy a different house...nothing wrong with this one, but wouldn't it be fun?

2. Major shopping sprees where I come home and am not allowed to get lectured for my frivolous ways.

3. Buy a non-mom-car for me that isn't allowed to have car seats in it...EVER! No cheerios, no spilled milk, no pencil drawings on the ceiling, no broken cup holders that "someone" stepped on, no missing visors that saved my child's life when "he" was falling to his death out of the car. One that the check engine light isn't always on...one that doesn't always tell me something is wrong with my tire pressure...one that the gas gauge actually works so I don't have to set the good ole' TRIP A every time I gas up...one that the windshield wipers actually work. I promise I'm not totally ungrateful. If you look at my car from the outside, it's a pretty piece of machinery...when it's freshly car washed.

4. Go on a nice vacation with the family...probably get the kids the passes to Disneyland finally that you have to be a millionaire to purchase in the first place.

5. Go to Europe with just Ryan and I.



5 Places I have lived:

1. Ontario, CA (until 1985 or 1986?)

2. Apple Valley, CA (until Sept. 1997)

3. Spanish Fork, UT (while engaged, Sept. 1997-December 1997)

4. "Denver", CO (Broomfield, Westminster, and Thornton CO) (December 1997-April 2000)

5. Avondale (April 2000-May 2004)/Goodyear, AZ (June 2004-present) ***thanks to Ryan's parents for letting us crash their place until our house was done...I still owe them, big time!



5 Jobs I have had: (I'll just list all of them...there's not that many)

1. My first work experience was for Colleen King. I did whatever she needed me to around the house and for her business she owned. I would put all the itty-bitty micro chips together and sodder(sp?) the pieces together for computers or something like that. I would help her Christmas shop and wrap presents. I would help her with her holiday baking and really anything she wanted or needed. This was my all-time favorite job! She struggled with her health during my high school years, and she knew she was helping me earn money for all the Choir tours and costumes, etc., as much as I was helping her. I really thought of it more as a friendship than an employee/boss relationship. She was kind of like a second mom, really. Really-a very nice lady!

2. Sister King's daughter had a short stint with some kind of gaming magazine. I stuffed magazines and playing cards into the plastic bags like The Friend and the Ensign magazines come in and then sealed them. Those were some crazy nights...not a care in the world and goofing off and getting paid for it!

3.. I placed the gold fountain nozzles for the fountain for the King Fahd Airport in Saudi Arabia. This was for WET design...the guys who do Bellagio and they are doing the Volcano on the strip as well. I should be clear that I did this out of a warehouse in Apple Valley, CA...not in Saudi Arabia.

4. I worked as a hostess of the mostess (couldn't resist! Sorry) at the Red Pepper Restaurant. Can I just say that since they went out of business, I have yet to find a Mexican restaurant anything close...do people not make Flautas with flour tortillas? Every time I ask for a Flauta, I get a taquito! Ryan has insisted that I am not allowed to tell the waiters how to make them anymore when I order. It's a good thing I like taquitos, but in the resurrection, Pepe will be the first to offer me his yummy Flautas!

5. I worked for John Hulterstom, CPA!!! That was a nice job. Great hours for the single adult schedule! I actually learned a lot about computers while working there, and the ladies I worked with were total sweethearts! I answered the phones and typed quarterly reports, filed, data entry, mailed lots of tax stuff...made lots of appts. for tax returns and always looked forward to April 15th! It really should be a mandatory holiday on April 16th for these professionals. They really earn it.

6. I worked 2 full-time jobs while Ryan and I were engaged, living in Utah. I was a secretary for the Utah county emissions office by day, and by night, I was a stocker at Macey's grocery store.

7. I worked at Frontier-Confertech: I was an operator and conference moderator. I led the question and answer sessions of all the quarterly reports and whatever-the-reason conference calls. I had fun at this job. I worked this one in CO after getting married. Strange people and nice ones. This was really my first experience out in the "REAL" world. Some of the people that would call in for the calls were total jerks. It was my first and only time dealing with people who thought they had status. I missed the memo that said my world was suppose to revolve around them. The scary thing is that they didn't get the memo about the kind of people that they were trusting their ever important phone calls too...whenever I am on hold for a call center employee, it makes me laugh to relax and imagine what they're workplace is like, and I can imagine all the drama...SO HIGH SCHOOL!

8. I worked from home for a company called DEIS (don't remember what it stands for-data entry something or other) I typed medical claims so they could send bills. I just plugged in the date, names, addresses, Doctor and a code. Totally thoughtless and easy. I did this for a couple years until Carson was born. I didn't want to give up the money, but didn't want to do it either. When I was on maternity leave, I got a phone call saying I was laid off (they lost the contract). We celebrated by going out to dinner!

9. Full-time mom to 4...no holidays, breaks or sick days...but the best, most rewarding job I have had.



The 5 people I tag are:

1. Sommer

2. Adrienne

3. Beckaroo...you know who!!!!

4. Tiffany

5. Dana

2 comments:

Heywood Clan said...

Wow! This is awesome. I wish I would have put more thought into my answers.

Vehars said...

You tird! Okay, okay I'll do it on my blog!!! :p