Monday, September 1, 2008

More words for Ashlyn (14 1/2 months)

So I haven't really kept up on my wee one's list of words. I am ready to add quite a few to "the list".

Duck, go, dog, owee, Mommy (different from "Mom"-totally different word!), Please, thank you (...our personal favorite-it really is the cutest word she has and also the most used...other than "mine"), pop, papa (grandpa) eye, mine, more, yes, and Dad. Does E.I.E.I.O. count as a word?...add that to the previous list (Mom, milk, yeah!, no, hi, baby, ball, and yep...she still knows POOP!) and would you believe it, we just may have a wonder child on our hands. That's 23 (counting eieio, which could score some bonus...) I bet if I consulted Ryan, he would think of something I missed. This babe is a repeating sponge. I love that she copies us. She would be great at Simon says...until Simon didn't "say", that is.

Thanks to Ashlyn for making Mommy and Daddy's lives a little easier "after the storm". Probably not the nicest way to label a time of our lives, but the boys will understand later when they hear stories when they are older. If that doesn't work, I am sure they will have little boys just like themselves and THEN they will understand. I should start writing my apology letters to their future wives. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love and adore my boys. They, like other little boys, are just a little different than the female species.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I hear you on the boys!! I think only a mother with boys can understand that statement. I am hoping for a sweet angelic little girl for our next child! And no, this is NOT an announcement!

Heywood Clan said...

I was starting to get excited Jenny. I'm excited you have a little talker. You totally deserve it.

Cheree said...

You might be switching your comment about girls and boys in their teenage years. I am scared to death for that.

Treidi said...

Looks like we are on the all boy train for now too.

they are fun and crazy.

mikeylikesit said...

You mention that she STILL knows the word poop. Was that her first word? I'm jealous. I wish my first word was poop. Instead, my first word was Mama, or something dull like that.

Say it three times in a row... POOP POOP POOP. If you forget what it is, and just go for the sound, it's just sounds funny.