Thursday, February 26, 2009

Deegan's "SHOW" and "TELL":

Deegan has been very excited about HIS own "baby bi-oh-lin" since I got mine for Christmas. He has always been over-the-top-obsessed with LITTLE EINSTEINS and I sware to you he can pick out any melody that they have ever featured on that show...he has them all memorized! He has been able to name instruments and pick them out of a song on the radio (yeah, I love to drive around listening to classical music! It calms me and the kiddos.) Anyway, I started to consider whether or not he would really be able to take lessons yet, and Ryan and I decided to give it a go...My (OUR) teacher is affordable, and I was able to pick this violin up on e-bay for a whoppin' $25.50...I got it for $10.50, but my s/h was $15. Still a good deal! Supposedly, it is a $500 violin, so we are VERY careful with it because who knows if I could replace it for that cost later? Anyway, he has wanted to take his baby violin everywhere we go, so we arranged to take it to school for show and tell. He starts lessons on Tuesday, so cut the beginner some slack...he'll get better-promise!

I showed Deegan a bunch of you-tubes of 3 year-olds playing violin and he just kept saying "Me too! Me too!", so we figure he really wants to do it, plus we have all his Dr.'s saying no contact sports, so if this is going to be his "thing", why not get started? I'll keep you posted on his progress.





(Notice Ashlyn's feet? I think she's made of rubber...)

4 comments:

Heywood Clan said...

Deegan is SO cute with his violin. I love that little boy!

Jenny said...

You got a violin for Christmas?! How did I not know this? I didn't know that they made violins that small!! What a cutie.

Chalyse said...

That is so cute that he loves it. I think it's great that you are starting him with lessons, i'm sure he'll be great!!! let us know how it goes!

Cheree said...

What a good idea to have him start now. He is so cute. I can't wait to hear him play some more and we would all love to hear you play too.