Thursday, February 5, 2009

Introducing...Kaeleigh, Student of the month



(K-getting her award...those are her chorus peep behind her)


That's right! She would probably start this by saying, "FINALLY!" Either way, we are proud of her for her accomplishment. She sure is a very bright girl. Mrs. Mahoney moved her up in math and is considering moving her up again. I am not at all ashamed to admit that she gets the smarts in this department from Ryan. I can't compete with his wicked math skills-I've never tried. I couldn't beat him with a calculator and it's getting to be the same way with Miss Kaeleigh. I already have to get the refresher course from Kaeleigh so that I can figure out how to help her with math and by the time she has taught me how to do "the problem" she has solved the problem. Easy enough? I will say that I sure am looking forward to Ryan's shift change in March so that he will be home in time to help with some homework.

Kaeleigh was very cute at the assembly, of course. She always shows school spirit. It is a competition at the kids' school to get the SPIRIT STICK each month by wearing something school colored...shirt, hair ties, bracelets, etc. Mrs. Mahoney is such a cool teacher...she shopped Oriental trading and has found teal wigs, beaded necklaces, pom poms, etc. Mrs. Mahoney's class has won back to back months, but they lost the stick (politics!) so Mrs. M. is stepping up her game! Now, that's school spirit! Go Thunderbirds!!!

(top:)Kaeleigh and Mrs. M. (bottom:) Kaeleigh and her principal

After the assembly we got to have doughnuts and juice with Kaeleigh
In 4th and 5th grade, the students choose the student of the month, so we know she must be loved by her peers. Way to go Kaeleigh...we love you too!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

That's her principle?! Thanks for making me feel old. Way to go Kaeleigh!

Shannon said...

Her principal is younger than me...no worries. Would you believe she had a baby a year ago? She is the cutest LITTLE lady. There are students taller than her (K-5th.) She's awesome too.

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heywood Clan said...

Great job Kaeleigh! We love you! I'm with Jen...I feel old!