Tuesday, October 28, 2008

For a good cause

Last night we were able to put door hangers on our neighbors doors for Prop 102 for Family Night. We have felt that it is important for our children to feel involved in the effort of trying to preserve marriage. They were so cute riding their scooters and doing good work. They didn't complain as we walked to 98 homes. When we were done, the kids had us pile our hands like they do at Carson's t-ball games and cheer "YES on 102!" We took the kids to the park before heading home for our root beer floats. We talked to them about how some day they may look back and be excited that they were a part of such an important moment in history.

As important as this is, I am growing weary of all the animosity that comes with elections. I am feeling all the yuck of Prop 8 in CA since I have family there, and then prop 102 here. Then there is the whole McCain/Obama crud that I just can't wait until it is over. Thank goodness for a DVR. At least I don't have to watch the ads on TV.

3 comments:

mikeylikesit said...

I have two gay students in my 3rd period class, and we got to talking about Prop 8, which sounds like the same thing as your Prop 102.

I get very upset about ignorance. People believe everything that others tell them without searching for the truth about things themselves. Anyway, these two students think I'm evil for being such an advocate for Prop 8, but they've never read anything about it. All they think is that everyone for it is anti-gay and a homophobe. I wish people would actually do their homework on the issues, instead of believing all the lies.

Heywood Clan said...

We did the same thing for Family Night. Our kids did pretty well for the most part.

Beckie said...

Good for you and your family! It's never too early to help them be more aware. It will definitely effect them in the future!
I'm so sick of the ads too!
AND the 10 phone calls we get EVERY day!!