Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What happens in Vegas...


...doesn't always have to stay in Vegas! So, my pictures aren't working, so I am posting my sister Jenny's post (her pictures turned out better too). Cheating, I know! Why re-do something that doesn't need re-doing? Anyhow, I thought her post was cute... Thanks Jen! (It's not copyrighted, hopefully...don't sue me, please!!!)


After spending all day at Disneyland with the kiddos, it was time for a girl's weekend. We left the next day and headed to...
Las Vegas! Now don't get the wrong idea, we went to a Time Out For Women!!

We got there early in hopes that we could get good seats. (no assigned seats) Shannon was the only one that had been to one of these before, and warned us that these cute Mormon women can get pretty vicious when it comes to getting the seats they want. She told us that when the doors opened, we needed to be ready to run! No joke, we had to sprint!! Sounds so lame, I know, but I wasn't about to waste the time we had waited to be in the front of the line to let some crazy ladies out run me and take a better seat! Maybe that's just my competitive side coming out..it was kind of fun though!

Here we are waiting outside the Cashman Center...

The first night we were entertained by Jason Deere and his band. He wrote all the music for the "Joseph" and "Trek" albums. They were great, and even nicer in person. We were able to talk with them, take pictures, and they were signing every ones CD's.

With Jason...

Then we headed off to the Stratosphere, where they have a great 50's restaurant called Roxy's Diner where the waiters entertain you while you eat. We've made it a tradition to go when we are in Vegas.


The next day we woke up very early, trying to get at the front of the line again, and despite being there much later than we planned, we were still able to get great seats. We we entertained by Hilary Weeks. She is amazing. I thinks she should leave her music gig and become a stand up comic, she really is so hilarious!! We were also lucky to have Virginia Hinckley Pierce speak to us too. One of the ladies that were supposed to speak was sick, so she filled in. Kind of ironic, this conference was originally scheduled for February, but was rescheduled due to the passing of the Prophet. She was great and so friendly.












Even though the conference was canceled in Feb, we still went to Vegas since we had already booked our stay. We all laughed as Shannon devoured as many peanut butter treats as she could. (Her son is allergic to peanuts) Well, shortly after that trip we discovered that Porter has the same allergy, and I have since realized her torture. I must say that after months of no peanut paraphernalia in the house, the highlight of the trip, for me at least, was to have as many of these as I could.....

Isn't she cute? I just love my sisters and mom! We really do have so much fun together...especially when we can let our hair down and just be us, with no kiddos. I had a ton of fun with you gals...Jenny, someday you will figure out how to show your emotions with tears like the rest of us. Just don't keep laughing at us when we are in the middle of a "moment"!

4 comments:

Beckie said...

Good times!!!
I bet you felt completely rejuvenated and ready to take on the world when you got back. Well...at least your family!!!
I can't wait for the one in Nov.!

Tiffany said...

I am so glad you had such a great time in my fav city. I am glad that it was so good, I am going in a few weeks her in San Antonio and you got me excited.

Heywood Clan said...

That was such a great weekend!!! I had so much fun with you guys!!! I can't wait until next time!!!

watergirl said...

Hey, this is Arleen! How are you? Well I just wanted to say that you look great. It looks like you, your sisters and mom had fun. I wish I could have been there! :)