Saturday, July 12, 2008

A new word for Ashlyn...

So, we are in CA for a week! I could do a whole post about our crazy road trip that should have been 5 hours and ended up being 6 and 1/2, but I will spare you... and myself! I think it sums it best to say that our poor, sweet daughter Ashlyn's new word is "OUT"! The poor thing was in hysterics by the end, and I turned and asked her if she wanted out (of her seat) and she just started shaking her head yes with those eyes like the cat, Puss in Boots, from Shrek. Well, the other kids thought it was hilarious, so with all the laughter going on around her, she decided to change from crying to giggles. Imagine "peek-a-boo"...all I had to say was "out" and she thought I was some stand up comedian! We did this for probably the last 15 minutes of our drive. Don't kids have a way of making you feel like you're the coolest thing to man?! In this case, laughter was definitely the best medicine!

2 comments:

Vehars said...

I'm glad you made it to CA alive and not crazy! Have fun!

Cheree said...

I am so glad you are bloggig. It is so nice to be able to keep up with your family.