Wednesday, August 27, 2008

All in a days work...or year and a half (however you want to look at it)

So, I have been telling my family our good news, and for all the requests, here are pictures of our FINALLY-done entertainment center. (All but the crown molding at the top) Good things come to those who wait. (While we are on commercials...10 points to whoever can remember this one!)





What do you think about the red paint? I painted the pantry the same red since I had (some) leftover (not enough though, so I still had to buy another quart). Ryan isn't sure about the pantry. He thinks he wants me to paint it back. He's going to have to live with it first. We have too many unfinished projects to jump right back on this one. Personally, I just think it is anti-red season. It doesn't go well with his whole Cougar-Central sales pitch to his friends for watching the games at our house. Maybe I'll have to snap a picture of that too. He just says it's too much red. This picture makes the red look a lot brighter than it really is. It is called Bordeaux, by Olympic paint at Lowe's if you get a chance to go. It is a deeper wine color than the picture shows.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, that looks awesome! Ryan did a great job! I love the red. Thanks for posting pics for me!

Lauren said...

Love the entertainment center and I would say that you captured the perfect shade of red! Nice work Vehar!

Sommer said...

Shannon, I love it! And I love the red, it will grow on Ryan... maybe! Remember when Morgan had the kitchen repainted when we sold the house! He didn't think anyone else would like the red. Go figure!
You guys did a great job!

Tiffany said...

I love it. That looks awesome.

Heywood Clan said...

I didn't know you finished it. It looks awesome!!! I love the red!! Do you want to make one for me? :) J/K I'm excited for you guys!

Cheree said...

WOW, Everything looks amazing. I love all of the decorations, including Deegan.

Vehars said...

I like the red! These stinkin' Vehars and their obsession with all things blue!! If it were up to them they would live in an all blue house with a big Y on the roof! And I love the way the entertainment center turned out, it looks really nice.

Sarah said...

Hey Shannon, I just wanted to say hi and I so need to catch up with you guys. I found your blog through Jenny's who I found through Lindsay so needless to say I'm way excited to see your family. It's beautiful and your house by the way looks beautiful as well, good job. Talk to you soon.