Monday, August 18, 2008

Carson's the man!

I'll just say it plain and simple...Carson is a Lady's man! Without much training or direction, Carson just has natural instincts on how a female should be treated. He has always had his attention drawn to the "married" ladies...mostly his teachers. He has always had crushes on the PRETTY ones. He has a good eye for the lookers! Carson, after only two weeks of school, has found a gal-pal. His teacher has already addressed me about he and she (I won't mention any names in case her dad has a gun!) holding hands in class and hugging...ALL DAY!

Carson definitely knows how to win a girl's heart. Ever since I can remember, Carson has brought me flowers. Usually weeds (the pretty ones) or some kind of little flower from a neighbors yard. A little while ago, I noticed that Ryan must have started feeling like Carson was making him look bad, and Ryan was bringing home more flowers than usual. Trust me, it wasn't often, but 4 times a year is great compared to only when I had a baby...that would have only been 4 times in nearly 10 years, so his average is well improving.

The other night, Ryan got home from CO and noticed that I had bought some flowers (finally) for the planter on the wall out front. He said to Carson (as they were heading out to buy a baseball glove at Walmart...later post) "Hey, Mom bought herself some flowers!" To that, Carson responded in astonishment..."DAD! Mom's should NEVER have to buy themselves flowers!" Well, guess who ended up bringing home flowers! Carson picked these ones out. I love it when he picks flowers out because he always buys the happiest looking ones...ones that I would never buy myself. I always go for the more traditional beauties, but my new favorites are definitely any from my boys. Carson's favorite color is orange, by the way. How cute!
Photo by Kaeleigh~age 9

5 comments:

Heywood Clan said...

That is so sweet!!! I love that little boy!!! He just melts my heart. No wonder he already has a gal-pal(as you call it). Enjoy this because Spencer use to bring me flowers too. He hasn't done it in such a long time and I miss it so much. By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Chalyse said...

What a cute, thoughful little boy. He's so cute. Watch out ladies!

Tiffany said...

That is too cute!

Beckie said...

Those are some bright flowers. I love them!
What a sweetheart!!!

Sommer said...

That is the cutest story I've ever heard! What a man!
BTW... Happy Birthday! I had it on my calendar and meant to call, but got the sad news about my cousin, and have been consumed with phone calls the last 2 days! sorry, hope your day was special!