Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Carson meets Tigers...good thing, or bad thing?

We have laughed for many years at the funnies that Carson gives us...I wish that I had written them all down. Some were down right classics, so, here's to the future. Now you can laugh with us!!!

We always have TOO MANY boxes of cereal. It's a mix of laziness, and not being able to pass on a good deal. We get the best grocery deals in Arizona...just in case you didn't know that. We get cereal for $1.00-1.50 on a regular basis. That's great, so long as the kids are willing to eat it. The sugar cereals aren't a problem, but Ryan and I always feel like we ought to offer healthier choices when possible. So Ryan found the new Frosted Flakes Gold (the energy one.) He bought a nice stash for $1.50 each. They are pretty crunchy. That is my only complaint (at least they don't get soggy right away). They taste just like the original. Well, Carson wasn't so sold.

Being the good mom that I am, I told Carson about the old commercials that they used to play when I was his age. Know the one??? "Frosted Flakes...Brings out the TIGER in you!" I told him if he ate my cereal, he would turn into a tiger...kind of. I told him that he would be strong and able to run fast, just like a tiger. There's no problem getting him to eat the cereal now. Now, that's all he wants so he can be a fast baseball player! Well, now it's all about tigers...tiger everything:


This is Carson's first attempt at writing a full sentence....awe-remember the independence that kindergartners find when they (think they) can finally write something. Lucky for him, I am experienced now and I can read this stuff.

Dir Dad I hp sf (tiger drawing) Dad sf Hid!
(Interpretation:) "Dear Dad, I hope you're safe from TIGERS. Dad, be safe. Hide!"

So, I admired him, of course and had a proud mommy moment...until Dad found THIS:



Yep! It's a little bigger than a square foot of my wall in size, right at the top of my stairs. Lovely, isn't it. After he got sent to bed, I did sneak in and tell him I thought he was a very creative artist. You gotta admire the stripes and tail. I guess Dad didn't know that Mom must have really sold Carson on the Frosted Flakes...poor kid.


2 comments:

Heywood Clan said...

That is the cutest thing ever!!! You better not paint over his art work. At least you got a picture of it. He is too cute. Tell him I love his drawing!!

Shannon said...

I told Ryan I am just going to buy an open frame and hang it on the wall around the tiger...we've been looking for the right thing for that space anyway. Only thing is that it is a little low.

In Ryan's defense, Carson is starting to experiment his new talent on ALL the wrong things. The other night, he drug his pencil all along the top of our fountain out back. Mommy was more ticked than Dad for that one. Wouldn't you think they would learn more quickly? He actually did it when both of us were standing right there...like we weren't going to be mad-HELLO?!